Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Vox Lilia Interview

1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?
I signed with 8AM Records to release my mini album “Monotony Murder” on tape format. Until now the mini album was only available digitally on Bandcamp in VOX LILIA Page, so I am glad that  I will soon receive this material in my hands.

2. In October you had released an album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Sociological paranoia experimental noise only for those who dare...

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the music?
The subject matter has to do with the violence that man exerts on nature, on animals. The uncontrolled consumerism and the way of thinking and behavior that is perceived as the only acceptable way of life.

4. You are also a part of 'Dark Awake', what are some of the things you bring out into this musical project that you are not able to do with the previous mentioned one?
This is my own personal project, where I create and control everything on my own. The music is purely noise experimental and industrial while Dark Awake does not focus on this kind of music only. Vox Lilia and Dark awake differ not only musically but also thematically, as the latter have so far dealt with other themes.

5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Vox Lilia'?
I attach great importance to the way the words are heard.  To me, these two words together sound very harmonic. The words are Latin and translate as "the voice of the lilies"
I think everyone can draw their own conclusion as to what the name "Vox Lilia" means.
For example, someone might imagine being addressed by the lily with the question, "is there any truth at this moment" referring to the virginal conception of Jesus, one of the greatest symbols of the West.

6. With this project you record everything by yourself, is this project more personal to you?
Yes, I do everything on VOX LILIA. I compose, record, do the production, write the lyrics, do the artwork. It is really a personal work!

7.The album was  released on '*8AM Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
We had a very good communication so I learned some things that I can share with you.
8 AM Records is a one man show, Avery Vickers is the Founder/Owner behind the label. And the name “8AM” comes from the Merzbow album "Door Open at 8am”
The label was originally meant for artists from Idaho but he started receiving requests from all over the world so he decided to be an all around label that expects any experimental art medium.  As he said “I wanted to aim for being a label that helps artists get their names out in the world without being turned down by high profile labels and I expect any experimental art medium”

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of experimental, noise and industrial?
So far I have received very good reviews and there are people that are interested in my work and this is good! But my goal is to express myself freely through music, no matter what others might think about my music.

9. Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork on the new album?
I will tell you something I have said before, my artwork is a stand against violence, the violence we exert on animals, sexual violence and sexual oppression, the fact that you are supposed to have a sexual identity or a specific way to see sex.
And of course woman’s sexual degradation and what world and society require of her.

10. Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Music is a living thing and that's why I do not know now what will follow in the future. What I know is that I will continue to make music and express myself through it. So it remains to be seen.

11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I have listened to music for as long as I can remember myself and the influences are many but mostly old school experimental noise industrial  and many kinds of Dark Scene, such as Dark Wave, Death Rock, Dark Ambient, Neoclassical, NeoFolk etc. Lately, I’ve been listening to the band Nový Svět  again, who I really like, as well as some newer noise bands such as Puta Malaria with whom I have collaborated on a mini album doing the guest vocals.

12. Does Occultism play a role in the music of 'Vox Lilia'?
Not really, only on a symbolical level.

13. What are some of your non musical interests?
I am interested in many forms of art, such as fine arts, for example painting. I love cinema and read books a lot. In general, I find myself engaged with different things from time to time, without losing my interest in the previous ones, for example, I have written some short stories for personal pleasure and some articles too, something I do not do so much now but it is always in the back of my mind as something that interests me and to which I might return some day.

14. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I think it is necessary that people engage in art and gain a more critical perception and apperception,  so that they see behind the big words and actions of those who dominate them with any form of power, even if it is the power we feel  by our partner, unless it is an erotic game that both parties have accepted and agreed on.

VOX LILIA  Pages
www.facebook.com/VoxLilia
https://voxlilia.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment