Friday, February 10, 2017

Sleepwalker Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

This is a one man project, some times I have guest musicians. Original tracks have been prepared for my other project. But in the process they sounded different and I decided to release it under Sleepwalker. Many times I think about a new project and this is time to realize all my ideas through Sleepwalker.



2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?

The sound is very cinematic, like soundtrack. But not the soundtrack to the film, as well as the soundtrack to the existence of a certain time. I am used to many different instruments brought from different places of the world. Just a lot of experimental tools that I'll do for themselves. Ritual instruments, noise/industrial tools. Many field recordings from different places around the world. And we have guitar dark ambient/drone music with spiritual and ritual vision.



3.All of your music is instrumental, are you planning on using vocals in the future?

I am working on a new full album, maybe 1-2 tracks will  have some vocals.



4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Sleepwlaker'?

one of the most difficult, stressful periods of life I have had frequent insomnia, failures in time. I simply did not remember that it was a few days ago, or thought it was a dream or some kind of fantasy. Given the fact that I do not drink alcohol, drugs. It had been months of travel in dreams. Crazy journey. And at some moment I read the book, then looking for a filmography of the directors (i
I write music for films very often). And time after time I came across the phrase about sleepwalking, insomnia. So the idea was born.



5.Has the band done any live shows or is this strictly a studio project?

Yes, I play.but not often, because my shows have been very difficult video,light installations. I have a few shows on festivals. And we are working on European tour.



6.Recently you where a part of a split with 'Fen', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?

Few times we where talking with the band about ideas, sound. And decide working together, i sent to them my demo tracks, they send me. 4 moths we working on this split. Music is built in such a way that from track to track is strengthening the atmosphere,emotions. This is complex work. And Fen band very very good musicians, professional band with good future. They have unique sound.



7.The split was released on 'Ksenza Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

I know this label  from their start, I have helped  Ksenza with distribution and production of some releases. And first Sleepwalker release they do on  7”. I like this label and their idea and position.



8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of dark ambient and drone?

We have good feedback from other labels, dark ambient community, this split top seller on other labels.



9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

I am working on a new album and tours. time will tell.



10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I listen many music styles: raw black metal, doom death, classical music, dark jazz. I have a big collection. You can check it on my personal Instagram page https://instagram.com/sleepwal ker_drone



11.How would you describe your views on Occultism?

Some reviews on my music are common names like occult rock, occult ambient. Its not right, I tell about spirituality, about music like a ritual and my spiritual contact with sound and instruments, when I create this like a trance, astral journey on another side, i don’t hear around me nobody. I can sit down with my instruments in the morning and to wake up in the evening, did not understand what happened. This is not normal, but who said that all musicians are normal? Occultism it is primarily a personal experience. no one can tell you how it should be. Only give a way, like a teacher. And then it all depends on your strength and energy and power of mind.



12.What are some of your non musical interests?

Books, many many books, I have a big library, thousands books. You can check it on my page too) .Traveling and hard physical trainings. 



13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanx for this interview. And listen music because its journey to another realms.

https://vk.com/sleepwalkerproject

No comments:

Post a Comment