Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Goryl Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your musical project?
Hey, with pleasure, but I cannot write at length, I’ve got responsibilities (I have to feed the dogs), besides, I don’t have an Internet connection where I live (of my own will) so I make use of the hospitality of my peers. They have great tea, I want to drink it.
I don’t know if you can call it a “project”, it’s rather a way for me to realize my thoughts and visions and this form is suitable for me. As for how I do this, from the technical side, I record everything using an electric guitar only, no do overs, no loops, on the first take. I want to keep everything simple, in the primitive dimension, in a sense.


2.So far you have released 2 albums, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both of the recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
      They differ because they were recorded within short periods of time and when such a small period of time elapses it can unearth emotional extremes. Sometimes a stroll through the woods is enough for me to see things distinctively. I remember that the material on “The Father of Evil Witches” was recorded right after I fed my dogs which then were very aggressive for them. This situation got me thinking about a story that my great-grandfather used to tell me. A story about evil witches that were wrecking chaos all around the small town I’m living in. He used to say that it’s not a made up story, that it’s true. I believe him, to this day I sometimes hear them when I’m walking through the town at night. And I still wonder, who was their father…


3.So far all of the music has been instrumental, are you planning on using vocals in the future or do you prefer the instrumental approach a lot more?
I’m sure it’ll stay the same way. This form is the best.



4.All of the song titles deal with Witchcraft and Shamanism, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?
I cannot talk about this, I’m sorry.


5.With this project you have recorded everything by yourself, are you open to working with a full line up in the future?
  No, Goryl will always remain one-man-thing, all the material will be released by me, it’ll be recorded at the same place, in the same wooden house, with the same wine standing beside my amp. Although, if I had to choose I would, for sure, be Dylan Carlson. I’ve got a feeling that we would’ve found common ground very easy.


6.Medusa Crush Recordings are re-issuing both of your albums on cassette, what are your thoughts on the final product?
       I’m glad that I work with MCR. Cassette is the only format that works with my music, most of all, it’s very durable and this is very important for me. I want to bury a dozen or so in my area, a few around the world, maybe it’ll give people a chance to listen to my music many years after release.


7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of drone?
  I don’t care for this, this wasn’t my goal. I wanted to pour my feelings onto a format that’ll last years. Of course it’s flattering that people listen to it, I just hope that they feel what I’ve felt when I was writing this stories in the sounds.


8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
  I cannot talk about this. I value my privacy.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into during the future as a musician?
  I want create music till I die. And even in afterlife.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
        No band has any influence on my music. What I listen to doesn’t matter. All I can say is that I have a big collection of cassettes and vinyl.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?
  I love to create, I paint, and that should be enough.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I want to thank all those who support my work on the Internet, I hope that the material makes you feel emotions.
Greetings.

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment