Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lucian The Wolfbearer Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1. LTWB is a project centered around the aspects and emotions of Doom and Gloom, I started out doing it as a folk project for the first album but the full intent was after to go straight more towards a Funeral Doom style. I  am co-founder and frontman for a Blackened Death metal band named Benighten Empire, and Vocalist/bassist for thrash band Black April. I have always loved doom's grim and delightful story telling and atmosphere. That is a major reason why I have driven this solitude project. It caries my soul and  very much so helps me get all the built up things off in story pattern.

2.So far you have released 2 albums and a couple of singles, how would you describe the musical sound that is present on all of the recordings?
2. Deep Thought pattern, a story to be told, to get a feeling for each and every song across.

3.According to the metal archives the project was acoustic folk in the beginning, what was the decision behind going into a more heavy doom metal direction?
3. Folk in the beginning was supposed to show more a nordic appreciation to the mythos, it was more of a story telling album, but " Haunted" I took it to the direction that I really wanted to go after, and the next album I'm working on will be even more  Doom than last.

4.The lyrics cover Norse mythology and Paganism, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
4. Most of the lyrical content was Nordic driven, I still have a tiny bit of reference, " Haunted" has both nordic and just plain out Gloom, but the next album, which I can release the name is " At The Gates of Twilight " will be mostly funeral driven. I've been taking some time in this album to get everything on the exact track I want sound to lyrics and feel.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Lucian The Wolfbearer?
5. LTWB is i can say my inner guardian, I have always had a fondness to wolves, also for awhile I used the name Lucian for a stage front for Benighten Empire. LTWB is my soul.

6.With this project you work all solo, do you feel this adds to the creativity of the music?
6. The creativity is there of me, I've ran through my head a bunch of times if I would like to gather musicians and make this tour ready, maybe in the future but not near future. I would love to tour LTWB and write albums with other musicians but it would have to be in acceptance of sticking to the Funeral Genre.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of doom metal?
7. The Feedback has been impressively positive,  I cannot thank the fans of LTWB enough, I also would like to thank Senseless Life Records for everything they have done for me, They are a very reliable and good label to work with.

8.What is going on with the black metal band that you are involved with these days?
8. Benighten Empire still has the raspy vocals and such but we are turning more into a blackened death metal band, the new stuff is killer, and we will be recording shortly, this summer just has been really busy for all of us.

9.When can we expect the next full length and also where do you see the project heading musically during the future?
8. Benighten Empire still has the raspy vocals and such but we are turning more into a blackened death metal band, the new stuff is killer, and we will be recording shortly, this summer just has been really busy for all of us.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. I support all bands, I still go to alot of shows and support the scene, I love all my metal brothers and sisters with all my heart and will bend over backwards for them. But nowadays and before I listen to Pallbearer, Type o Negative, Evoken, Doom:vs, My Dying Bride, Ahab, Portal, Overkill, Bathory, Carpathian Forest, Colosseum, I can go on and on.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. I love spending time with my wife Kate and my Dogs. I am absolutely attached to my German Shepherd Osi ( osiris), I've had him since her was 8 weeks old and now he is 2 years, he looks more wolf than shepherd , he is much bigger than most German Shepherds, more like Direwolves, and yes I watch and read Game of Thrones Religiously.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts? 
Stay Tuned and check for updates for upcoming album " At The Gates of Twilight ", Thank You for everything 


Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment